2013/04/04

I am a Southerner...

I won't apologize
I won't be reconstructed.
I will not surrender
My identity, my heritage.
I believe in the Constitution,
In States' Rights,
That the government should be the Servant,
not the Master of the people.
I believe in the right to bear arms,
The right to be left alone.
I am a Southerner...
The spirit of my Confederate ancestors
Boils in my blood.
They fought
Not for what they thought was right,
But for what was right.
Not for slavery,
But to resist tyranny,
Machiavellian laws,
Oppressive taxation, invasion of his land,
For the right to be left alone.
I am a Southerner...
A rebel,
Seldom politically correct,
At times belligerent.
I don't like Lincoln, Grant, Sherman,
Or modern neocon politicians like them.
I like hunting and fishing,
The Bonnie Blue and "Dixie"
I still believe in chivalry and civility.
I am a face in the Southern collage of
Gentlemen and scholars, belles and writers,
Soldiers and sharecroppers,
Cajuns and Creoles,
Celts and Germans, freedmen and slaves.
We are all the South.
The South...My home, my beautiful home.
My culture, my destiny, my heart.
I am a Southerner...
Deo Vindice

Thanks to:
Tennessee Confederate Flagger
Sister, Eileen Parker Zoellner

I am a Southerner...

No comments:

Post a Comment